Why obesity is a problem
An unhealthy lifestyle which is a combination of bad eating habits and lack of physical exercise can result in obesity. Many people prefer to wave away any concerns regarding their health, thinking that being a little overweight is not working to cause any problem other than making them look a small round. It is a prevalent and widespread misconception. Being obese for a continued period, without taking any steps to bring the bodyweight back to normal with Diet Plan , can bodyweight severe life-threatening problems. Some such issues which obese people are susceptible to are:
- Type 2 Diabetes – A prevalent disease connected to obesity since being overweight results in the body turning unresponsive to the insulin hormone, thus resulting in increased glucose levels in the body.
- Cardiovascular diseases – High cholesterol has been a common factor behind many illnesses related to the heart like stroke.
- High Blood Pressure – Almost 60-70% of people who are overweight also suffer from high blood pressure which in turn puts them at risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Gallbladder diseases – Being overweight, as well as a sudden loss of weight due to starvation dieting, can form gallstones.
- Diseases affecting the joints – Gout and Osteoarthritis are common problems faced by obese people which result in inflammation of joints, pain and difficulty in movement due to the added pressure on the joints.
A person is declared to be overweight if his weight exceeds 20% more than the ideal weight. Considering that one-third of the population of the USA is struggling with obesity, it becomes increasingly important to learn what a healthy diet plan is to reduce weight.
Components of an Easy Drop Diet to reduce weight
The fundamental tip for cutting calories to reduce weight is to stay as far as possible from junk food which is high in cholesterol and sugar. It includes all food products like pizzas, burgers, sodas etc. as well as packaged products like biscuits, cookies, cakes etc. Merely reducing the intake of junk food can make a huge difference in body weight. Apart from that, the following factors should be kept in mind while charting out a healthy diet:
- Low-fat dairy products – Most of us consume at least one dairy product in a day. While some products like skimmed milk, cottage cheese and yoghurt can be beneficial for reducing weight, products like cream and mayonnaise can bloat you up in no time.
- High-quality protein – foods which are rich in proteins is an essential component of a healthy diet plan. Most pulses and legumes are rich in protein. For a meat lover, chicken and turkey are good options, but they should be cooking in a non-fattening way.
- Fruits and Vegetables – Possibly, the best way to reduce weight is to concentrate most meals around eating cooked. Uncooked fruits and vegetables. Not only are most fruits and vegetables extremely high in fibre as well as essential minerals content but also contain absolutely no fat.
- Whole grains – For those who prefer to eat something a little more fulfilling than merely a bowl of salad. Whole wheat grains like pasta and brown bread can be the right choice. Oats, barley, oat bran, brown rice, quinoa and buckwheat are also popular grains which are fat-free and reduce weight.
- Water – Last but not least, drinking lots of water is the key to losing weight. Water has zero calories. Cleanses the body and also keeps you feeling full during meal times so that you don’t end up overeating.
A sample diet plan for cutting calories
If you are unsure about how to take the first step towards following a healthy diet regime. Take a look at this sample diet plan which you can customize according to your food preferences:
- Early morning: Instead of having an early morning tea or coffee.Try to get by with a drink of warm water with a quarter lime squeezed in. It will not only freshen you up but also detoxify the body.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal mixed with nuts makes the best breakfast. One can also add a fruit portion and a glass of fat-free or skimmed milk. Be sure never to skip breakfast at any cost.
- 11 am snack: For a working professional, a mid-noon coffee break is quite common. However, for a healthy diet, skip the coffee and instead have fat-free yoghurt or an apple.
- Lunch: Lunch should comprise of mixed portions of salad and meat or vegetables. Salad should generally be assorted and consist of green leafy vegetables. For meat intake, one can have grilled chicken, tuna fish or turkey. Vegetarians can have beans or lentils. Make sure to keep the portion small and not more than half a cup.
- Afternoon snack: Instead of snacking on a burger or fries. Choose a high protein food item like banana, cereal or even a piece of dark chocolate.
- Dinner: Having grilled salmon with low-fat dressing is a popular dinner option. Vegetarians can replace salmon with sautéed broccoli or spinach. Also, make sure to have a broth-like soup before breakfast like minestrone or miso soup to quell the appetite.
Some useful tips for cutting calories while eating out
If you are a frequent visitor to restaurants or parties. The following tips will help you control your diet and reduce weight even while eating restaurant food regularly:
- Read the description of the dish and avoid those which are fried, pan-fried, buttered, creamed, escalloped or a la mode.
- Focus on dishes which are grilled, steamed, boiled, stir-fried or roasted.
- Go for seafood or lean meat rather than processed or red meat.
- Avoid choosing anything from the bread basket or ask for whole wheat choices.
- Ask the server for the dish’s calorie content.
- Eat fresh fruit without cream for dessert.
- Don’t get tempted by others’ choices or by what is on offer.
Following these simple tips will surely be the perfect solution to curing obesity before it turns into anything worse like cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, these dietary tips help you reduce weight gradually, which is the healthiest way to lose weight.